8/10 Updated – More apps based upon your suggestions! Look forward to a future post including more reviews of other platforms (Blackberry, WinMo, etc.)
It should be no surprise by now that I work in technology. As such, I’ve got a special relationship with my smartphone. So it’s only logical that I try to integrate wine into my mobile life. As Apple has made me come to expect, there’s an app for that, too.
So, I’ve done some research for y’all and compiled the best wine apps across Android and Apple platforms below. Take a look and let me know if I missed any good ones.
* Hello Vino. Provides suggestions for wine and food pairing in a clean interface. Free.
* Wine Enthusiast Guide. Made by the esteemed wine magazine, the app aggregates the 68,000+ reviews they’ve published over the years. If you’re into the critics, a good bet. $4.99.
* Wine Snob. Similar to the other apps but adds input from sommeliers and winemakers to give it a more professional touch. $5.99.
* Nat Decants. Per the creator herself, includes “…pairings, reviews, recipes, cellar journal, etc.” Looks good at first glance. Also has Blackberry support and Android on the way.
* Swirl. Aggregates Snooth content including catalogue of 100,000+ wines, community reviews and pairing suggestions. Free.
* Wine+. Track tasting notes and cellar inventory with this straightforward looking app. $1.99.
[Image Credit: Sacre Bleu Wine]