For those on the job market, a great opening from Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates managing their social media. I’ve included the full listing below, originally posted on 8/13/10. You can apply here.
The Social Media Manager will help create and perform tactical execution of social media strategy for Jackson Family Wines respective brands to Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates. The ideal candidate:
• Is a strategic and creative thinker, as well as a strong writer, and intuitive listener.
• Has a distinct, personable voice while engaging on behalf of our wineries.
• Monitors social media activities and influential opportunities across brands and departments, advising co-workers on best practices while encouraging successful participation.
• Embraces the concept that social media is a means to an end, and that building trust and cultivating communities are the end goal.
The social media manager may be the lead on a smaller winery and culinary programs for growth development and is the bench for the social media director position.
• Assist in managing the presence of various brands on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, mobile channels, and various food and wine sites.
• Create and curate quality multimedia and written content.
• Monitor brand discussions and form thoughtful, immediate responses to relevant mentions, questions, and conversations.
• Establish relationships with key online influences.
• Develop and implement an organizational work flow for the department
• Work with research team to analyze social media monitoring reports and help convert them into actionable ideas and conversations.
• Educate coworkers on the proper use and implementation of new technologies.
• Help launch Internal JFW social media brand dashboard & knowledgebase.
• Report to the director of social media on a daily basis but work closely with entire communications team to gain growth development
• Produce and edit multimedia content for various wineries, events, and personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong interpersonal and project leadership skills
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with numerous internal and external clients and brands
• 3-5 years preferred experience in Account Services, Brand Communications, Digital Media Production, Journalism, Creative Services, Internet & Web Services, or Community Management
• Consumer brands experience preferred. Experience in the wine
industry a plus, but not required.
• Good relationships within their respective online communities; understanding of how and willingness to build relationships
• Proficient in photography, video editing, and multimedia production.
• Customer service oriented.
• Compensation DOE
• Position is located in Santa Rosa, California and relocation package not included.